Jy kan dit alleen regkry deur God se Genade!

"You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be."

--Lou Holtz


Jy kan dit alleenlik regkry deur God se Genade!

My soul finds peace at Onverwacht


My soul finds peace at Onverwacht
This morning I was sitting at a new, still nameless viewing point. I just knew, this is where I always wanted to be. I won't say I am a writer at heart, but where I am now,there is no rules…that's why I can just write without controlling, thinking to hard about the rules.
I hear the beautiful sounds of the singing birds, and the welcoming sound of the noisy waterholes make me forget about the dryness the connoisseurs warned us about.

The wind at Onverwacht still surprises me. One moment not a breeze and then, like an old friend coming to say hello, it appears out of nowhere. Across the cliff, a baboon makes its appearance. Maybe hungry, cold or just being a baboon, a happy baboon.

I see mountains, rocks, yellow…yellow ….lots of Geelbos. An endless, deep cliff makes his way to the beautiful town Greyton. I can imagine walking on this cliff, looking like a hiking trail…maybe fly…I don't know how to explain what I am imagining. Somehow I don't think you will find fairies or dwarfs here…you`ll find them in Die Galg. I agree with Pauline…these fields belong to Heidi, Peter and Snooki.
The wind is howling, but it's a calming, welcoming calmness that surrounds me. As I sit a few steps from the mountain huts, with no conversation from the wind, I see a beautiful, witty pink Heide, peeping around a Geelbos…"asking" me to tell the rest of the world about her beauty.
SHALOM

P.S: At 49jrs of age, I finally understand what my parents and grandparents talked about when they say you "recharge your batteries". "To follow your dreams" and to
"Stop, look where you are and take stock ".

Money can never buy happiness …take time out…enjoy the silence and everything will fall into place like a perfect puzzle